The Flat Top trailer can be built with traditional tie-down side rails, or if you prefer, side panels that give the trailer a clean stylish look. The front of the bed features a support frame to assist with locating and securing loads. The design also includes handy features like tie-down hooks, double safety chains and chequer plate bed. The assembly guide will assist you in the construction and give you lots of guidance on brakes, axles, suspension and other components.
Flat Top Trailer Plan Features
- Our part and assembly drawings are carefully detailed to include all the necessary dimensions.
- Drawings are all in PDF format and some DXF files are supplied to assist with profile/laser cutting services.
- This trailer requires brakes on all wheels as well as an emergency brake unit (Brake-Away switch). We also recommend the use of an efficient handbrake.
- Each manufactured component is drawn and clearly detailed for your convenience.
Please take note of load area size (length & width) and make sure it suits you needs, especially for larger vehicles.
- Several detailed and fully dimensioned part & assembly drawings (A4 size)
- All dimension in metric units (mm), ISO weld symbols
- Comprehensive work & assembly instructions
- Electrical wiring diagram including round & flat plug wiring detail
- Detailed (enlarged) views of tricky or important bits
- Complete parts list of all manufactured & purchased components
- Complete cut list of all steel sections
- Welding details – where & how much of it
- A design that conforms to legal requirements
- Purchased item specifications
- Safety guidelines during construction
- Tools required
- Pictures & handy hints
- DXF files for parts that can be laser cut (Download a FREE DXF viewer here)
- All files in PDF format
Get your plans in a flash. Depending on the payment option you choose, you will receive a download link as soon as payment has been finalized so you can get your plans and be up and running straight away.
Download files are in .zip format and you will need a suitable decompression utility to extract the files. These utilities are often part of your computer’s operating system. If you’re having any trouble opening the .zip folder, download a FREE evaluation version of WinZip.
Plans conform to the Australian National Code of Practice – Building Small Trailers (VSB1). Trailers built to comply with this code of practice can be registered for on-road use in Australia.