- 3 trailer sizes in one plan package – 5×3, 6×4 & 7×4 ft
- Light weight design without any compromise in strength
- Load area up to 2.5 square meters, load volume over 1 cubic meter
- Sealed box and nose cone
- Gas struts on box lid
- Under-body spare wheel storage
- Economic design for easy fabrication and assembly
The spare wheel is neatly tucked away under the front portion of the chassis, yet easily accessible when required – no need to unpack your cargo to get to it! One of the easiest trailer to build, our plans will provide all the necessary drawings, instructions, parts lists and handy tips to enable you to build with confidence, knowing your trailer will conform to legal requirements.
The luggage trailer is limited to a MAXIMUM GTM of 750kg, therefore brakes are not required. However, check your tow vehicle’s un-braked towing capacity, as smaller vehicles may have maximum towing capacities less than 750kg. If you do require trailer brakes or wish to fit brakes for increased braking performance and added safety, details are included.
In most cases, basic over-run (also called over-ride) brakes (either mechanical or hydraulic) would be sufficient. They are generally inexpensive to purchase and fairly easy to fit. Electric brakes offer good brake performance but have the additional cost of purchasing and installing, and in-cab brake controller.
We recommend that you also fit an efficient handbrake.
- A single PDF document for your download and viewing convenience
- 12 detailed part & assembly drawings (print to A4 or A3)
- All dimensions required including ISO weld symbols
- 10 pages of comprehensive work & assembly instructions
- 13 Additional component and instructional drawings
- Electrical wiring diagram including round & flat plug wiring detail
- Complete parts and material cut lists
- Detailed (enlarged) views of tricky or important bits
- Welding details – where & how much of it
- A design that conforms to legal requirements
- Purchased item specifications
- Safety guidelines during construction
- Tools required
- Pictures & handy hints
- DXF files for parts that can be laser cut (optional free download)
Download file is in PDF format for easy viewing and printing from any device. A number of DXF and EXCEL files are available for download after purchase. Details of this is given in the PDF file that you will receive.