The 3500kg Flatbed trailer is our largest flatbed car carrier plan currently available. With a max ATM of 3500kg and a TARE of 1000kg you have a generous load capacity of up to 2500kg. The plans will provide all the necessary drawings, instructions, parts lists and handy tips to enable you to build with confidence, knowing your trailer will conform to legal requirements.
The Flatbed trailer is designed with two pivot ramps that hinge on the rear of the trailer and held in the upright position with sturdy supports. When loading the ramp angle is approximately 17 degrees. The design also includes handy features like tie-down hooks, double safety chains and chequer plate bed. There is also a winch mounting for dragging non-running vehicles onto the trailer. The assembly guide will assist you in the construction and give you lots of guidance on brakes, axles, suspension and other components.
Flatbed Trailer Features
- The ramps weigh about 26kg each and are held in the upright position with sturdy supports.
- Our part and assembly drawings are carefully detailed to include all the necessary dimensions.
- Drawings are all in PDF format and some DXF fils are supplied to assist with profile/laser cutting services.
- This trailer requires brakes on all wheels as well as an emergency brake unit (Break-Away switch). We also recommend the use of an efficient handbrake.
- Each manufactured component is drawn and clearly detailed for your convenience.
Plans conform to the Australian National Code of Practice – Building Small Trailers (VSB1). Trailers built to comply with this code of practice can be registered for on-road use in Australia.
Please take note of load area size (length & width) and make sure it suits you needs, especially for larger vehicles.