- 3 Trailer Sizes: 7x4ft, 6x4ft and 7x5ft (default dimensions for 7x4ft – 2100x1200mm)
- Deep sides: The box side panels are 500mm deep
- Metric (mm) and ANSI (inches) units
- Complete set of 11 detailed part & assembly drawings
- 9 pages of assembly instructions
- Beam Axle or Independent Coil Suspension chassis construction (suspension plans NOT included)
- Water tank mounted under side
- Spare wheel carrier on drawbar
- Hinged tailgate to allow for kitchen to be mounted
- Choice of tent frame base or heavy duty carrier rack (pictured)
- Gas struts make lifting of the cargo or tent frame a breeze.
- Spare wheel and tent poles can be stored on the drawbar, leaving the cargo area free for gear.
- The drawbar tension bar (optional) adds strength to the drawbar and is recommended for severe off-road conditions.
This Off Road Camper Trailer plan is unique as it not only details trailer construction and layout to suit beam axle suspension but is also designed to accommodate independent coil suspension that will give you superior on and off road trailer handling characteristics. Coil suspension is fast becoming the off-road trailer suspension of choice. This economical off road trailer design will provide you with all the necessary detail to get you started with building a trailer straight away.
Drawn to our usual high standard, the Off-Road Camper Trailer Plans will provide you with detailed dimensions on all part and assembly drawings, as well as a number of additional DXF files. As one of our most popular plans, this trailer has been successfully built by many DIY trailer enthusiasts and professional manufacturers alike. See our Trailer Builds for some of their handy work.
The plans conform to the Australian National Code of Practice – Building Small Trailers (VSB1). Trailers built to comply with this code of practice can be registered for on-road use in Australia.
Our plans and instructions are very detailed, comprehensive and easy to follow. Depending on the plan you choose, you will get a number of detailed drawings – at least one A4 drawing for each major assembly such as chassis assembly, body assembly, various sub-assemblies (tailgate, ramps…) and all major parts. Check the plan specifications for details. Furthermore, you will get detailed instructions, parts lists and material cut lists.
Each plan typically includes the following:
- Several detailed and fully dimensioned part & assembly drawings
- All dimension in metric units (mm), ISO weld symbols
- Comprehensive work & assembly instructions
- Electrical wiring diagram including round & flat plug wiring detail
- Detailed (enlarged) views of tricky or important bits
- Complete parts list of all manufactured & purchased components
- Complete cut list of all steel sections
- Welding details – where & how much of it
- A design that conforms to legal requirements
- Purchased item specifications
- Safety guidelines during construction
- Tools required
- Pictures & handy hints
- DXF files for parts that can be laser cut (Download a FREE DXF viewer here)
- All files in PDF format
Get your plans in a flash. Depending on the payment option you choose, you will receive a download link as soon as payment has been finalized so you can get your plans and be up and running straight away.