Our plans and instructions are very detailed, comprehensive and easy to follow. Depending on the plan you choose, you will get a number of detailed drawings – at least one A4 drawing for each major assembly such as chassis assembly, body assembly, various sub-assemblies (tailgate, ramps…) and all major parts. Furthermore, you will get detailed instructions, parts lists and material cut lists.
This is the folder view for the 3500 Flatbed Trailer Plans. In general, the bigger the trailer, the more files and drawings are included. (Adobe Reader not included with downloads, number of drawing and revision may vary from that shown above)
Each plan typically includes the following:
- Several detailed and fully dimensioned part & assembly drawings (A4 size)
- All dimension in metric units (mm), ISO weld symbols
- Comprehensive work & assembly instructions
- Electrical wiring diagram including round & flat plug wiring detail
- Detailed (enlarged) views of tricky or important bits
- Complete parts list of all manufactured & purchased components
- Complete cut list of all steel sections
- Welding details – where & how much of it
- A design that conforms to legal requirements
- Purchased item specifications
- Safety guidelines during construction
- Tools required
- Pictures & handy hints
- DXF files for parts that can be laser cut (Download a FREE DXF viewer here)
- All files in PDF format
Plans conform to the Australian National Code of Practice – Building Small Trailers (VSB1). Trailers built to comply with this code of practice can be registered for on-road use in Australia.
Get your plans in a flash. Depending on the payment option you choose, you will receive a download link as soon as payment has been finalized so you can get your plans and be up and running straight away.
Download files are in .zip format and you will need a suitable decompression utility to extract the files. These utilities are often part of your computer’s operating system. If you’re having any trouble opening the .zip folder, download a FREE evaluation version of WinZip.
Secure Payment Options
- Paypal – easy payment with your Paypal account. Instant download.
- Credit Card – securely hosted by Paypal but you don’t need a Paypal account. The shopping cart will direct you to the Paypal page where you can securely enter credit card details. Instant download.
- Bank Deposit (EFT) – pay directly into our bank account BSB: 064 151 Account: 1017 5180. Advise us of your payment together with your e-mail address and receive your plan download link after payment has been confirmed.
Multiple purchase discounts
- Buy any 2 plans and get 5% off total purchase
- Buy any 3 plans and get 7% off total purchase
- Buy 4 or more plans and get 10% off total purchase
TrailerPlans have taken care to ensure that all plans are accurate, of sound design and comply with Australian Design Rules as summarized in the Vehicle Standards Bulletin 1. Plans are offered as a guide to assist with the construction of the described trailer. It is ultimately the manufacturer’s responsibility to ensure that the trailer is of sound construction, complies with national and local regulations, is legally registered for road use and maintained in serviceable condition. TrailerPlans take no responsibility for losses that may occur as a result of trailers manufactured using these plans.